assembly error when try to create new discussion item

May 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM
Edited May 26, 2010 at 9:24 AM

successfully deployed the solution ( stsadm addsolution and deploy solution ; then activated in the site collection i wanted to use it in.

I created new enhanced discussion board list on a site and that went ok. But when I tried to create a new discussion item ( 'New/Discussion' )I got error as follows:

An error occurred during the processing of . Could not load the assembly 'LefortLudovic.SharePoint.EnhancedDiscussionBoard, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d91e61839205e567'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

Our server is 64bit - would that make a difference? Any ideas?

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Can you please check if the dll is deployed on your GAC ? c:\windows\assembly with the same version and key ? Version=1.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=d91e61839205e567'

Ludovic,

May 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Hi Ludovic appreciate you getting back to me. I checked the assembly and its deployed with correct public key and version. Its showing processor architecture = x86. Our server is 64bit so wonder if this would be causing the problem if solution was compiled to 32bit ?

PS I’m not a developer so apologies  if my terminology is wrong  !!

Valerie Murphy

ICT Dept,

Floor 7, Cork County Council,

County Hall

email: valerie.murphy@corkcoco.ie

ext: 5718

Sent: 26 May 2010 13:22
To: Valerie Murphy
Subject: Re: assembly error when try to create new discussion item [edb:213785]

Can you please check if the dll is deployed on your GAC ? c:\windows\assembly with the same version and key ? Version=1.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=d91e61839205e567'

Ludovic,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (edb@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email edb@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Indeed, that can be the reason.

I updated the wsp file to be compatbiel with 32 and 64 bits.
You can download the new version from codeplex.

Ludovic,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM, wombleval <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Ludovic appreciate you getting back to me. I checked the assembly and its deployed with correct public key and version. Its showing processor architecture = x86. Our server is 64bit so wonder if this would be causing the problem if solution was compiled to 32bit ?

PS I’m not a developer so apologies  if my terminology is wrong  !!

Valerie Murphy

ICT Dept,

County Hall

Ludovic,

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (edb@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Hi I downloaded updated wsp and deployed- works perfectly. Thanks Ludovic

Sent: 26 May 2010 13:50

Indeed, that can be the reason.

I updated the wsp file to be compatbiel with 32 and 64 bits.

You can download the new version from codeplex.

Ludovic,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM, wombleval <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

PS I’m not a developer so apologies if my terminology is wrong !!

Error! Filename not specified.

Error! Filename not specified.

Valerie Murphy

ICT Dept,

County Hall

Ludovic,

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com